Responsible for the safe, efficient loading and unloading of delivery fleet, as well as in-bound and out-bound product transports. Also responsible for product rotation and breakage reduction within the warehousing area.
NATURE AND SCOPE
The Warehouse employee reports directly to the Warehouse Manager. Individual has indirect responsibility for improving and maximizing customer service by providing fresh and undamaged product to consumers as well as having delivery fleet loaded on time so delivery schedules can be met.
Performance is measured by timely achievement of daily work load, quality of work performed, safety record, and overall satisfaction of internal customers (drivers).
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Warehouse position requires a forklift-operating license and must be a high school graduate. Candidate must have good basic math skills and some problem solving and prioritization skills. Must be physically capable of frequent lifting, bending and turning. Requires the ability to work a flexible schedule to include days, swing, nights and weekends.
- Receives and returns products of suppliers filling out proper reports and maintaining required records.
- Unloads in-bound transports in a safe and efficient manner. Verifies load accuracy.
- Tags and ships all bad order products on first available return load.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient loading and unloading of delivery fleet.
- Consistently strives to reduce breakage by the careful handling of product.
- Works in a safe manner, following all company and OSHA regulations relative to the operation of forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Rotates all products received and clearly mark pull dates.
- Keeps warehouse neat and clean.
- Maintains warehouse equipment, forklifts, pallet jacks, cooling equipment, etc.
- Services dock customers in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Makes sure all rented or loaned draft equipment is clean and in good repair. Cleans all returned equipment.
- Timely accurate stacking of pre-sell orders.
- Repacks at least twice each week.
- Keeps draft repair and repack area clean and organized.
- Complies with all state, local and federal laws pertaining to the sale and distribution of alcoholic beverage products.
We at Graybeal Distributing support a drug-free workplace. All applicants offered a position with our company are required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and DMV background check before they are hired.