Responsible for maximizing sales and distribution of all Graybeal Distributing products within assigned territory and account base. Executes the planning, selling, marketing, merchandising, distribution, and reporting functions within his or her territory to accomplish performance results against objectives.
NATURE AND SCOPE
The Sales Representative reports directly to the Sales Manager. This position must obtain increased sales and market share through identifying opportunities, strong customer rapport, professional selling skills and quality service. The Sales Representative must also assure quality standards are maintained through proper product rotation and inventory control. This position should regularly review route efficiencies, relay pertinent competitive information to management and be proactive with sales, marketing and package strategies.
Performance is measured by achievement of sales, distribution, quality and display goals as set by management. In addition, territory and time management, planning skills, selling skills, personal presentation, administration, customer service, product rotation, quality and execution against shelf management, and point of sale standards will be measured.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
This position requires two years sales experience or two years of consumer goods experience. Candidate must be self-motivated, highly organized and able to demonstrate professional sales and administration skills. Must be goal oriented and able to prioritize multiple goals and strategies.
- Maximizes retail sales for his accounts through the implementation and execution of established sales, distribution, marketing, supplier and quality assurance program goals.
- Develops efficient and timely monthly plan to establish goals and strategically manage territory resources, talent and time.
- Completes thorough month-end recap of actual performance results against objectives.
- Executes against strategic pricing standards to include: competitive PTC (price to consumer), use of label, shelf, display, point of sale, and window pricing where appropriate.
- Responsible for designing displays and marketing at retail that meets or exceeds merchandising & retail standards.
- Increases consumer awareness and purchase intent of brands through proactive product distribution and shelf management practices to include: professionally selling for additional space, location, traffic flow, ribbonization, shelf tags, and facings of product.
- Manages quality of all Graybeal Distributing products to ensure that only fresh and damage free product is available for sale and consumption.
- Develops, mentors and manages driver servicing his account base.
- Complies with all state, local and federal laws pertaining to the sale and distribution of alcoholic beverage products.
We at Graybeal Distributing support a drug-free workplace. All applicants offered a position with our company are required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and DMV background check before they are hired.