Responsible for the support of all Office functions on a daily basis, which includes the proper documentation necessary to facilitate and expedite the needs of the Sales Department. Greets and assists all callers and visitors to the company. Receives sales orders from customers and sales people and relays messages to the appropriate personnel.
NATURE AND SCOPE
The Office Assistant reports directly to the Operations Manager and is responsible for the day to day documentation that supports the Sales Department. Maintains a thorough understanding of the application software used to support Management with reporting and special requests.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
This position requires experience in an office environment. Must be organized and possess excellent communication and time management skills.
- Coordinates pricing, as well as in-house post-offs to retailers and sales teams.
- Coordinates monthly chain store pricing, generates month-end and/or quarterly reports for proper filing, and is responsible for filing of all sales department correspondence.
- Works efficiently with computer applications, in-putting of data, and account maintenance and reporting.
- Properly enters orders, updates files, generates reports, and follows daily procedures.
- Follows daily procedures, including finalizing route settlement, initiating day-end computer reports, and daily file saving.
- Receives and records all phone-in orders and records and dispatches all phone calls to appropriate personnel.
- Receives faxes and distributes to appropriate personnel.
- Prints, makes copies, and distributes electronic mail.
- This schedule can fluctuate, and some overtime may be required.
We at Graybeal Distributing support a drug-free workplace. All applicants offered a position with our company are required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and DMV background check before they are hired.