Responsible for maximizing consumer awareness and brand exposure of Graybeal Distributing products. Accomplished primarily through rotating and filling stock, display building efforts, and point of sale placement that meets or exceeds established merchandising standards.
NATURE AND SCOPE
The Merchandiser reports directly to the Sales Manager. This position is responsible for maximizing consumer awareness of Graybeal Distributing Company products primarily through display building and point of sale installation efforts. The Merchandiser must also assure quality standards are maintained by product rotation during display and shelf stocking activities.
This individual must build and maintain strong customer rapport in order to capitalize on all merchandising opportunities. Must work within retailers’ schedule and be capable of meeting their individual merchandising needs. Performance is measured by timely achievement of daily work schedule, quality of work performed and overall satisfaction of both internal (sales representatives) and external customers (retailers).
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
This position requires a high school education and preferable two years of previous work experience. Candidate must be organized and able to prioritize workload. Candidate must have good oral communication and customer service skills. Basic math skills a must and some selling experience helpful. Candidate must be physically able to frequently lift, push and pull heavy quantities of product. Able to work a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Responsible for building product displays at retail that meet or exceed Graybeal Distributing merchandising standards.
- Responsible for installation of permanent and seasonal point of sale.
- Responsible for stocking and rotating Graybeal Distributing products at all retail accounts on schedule.
- Solicits additional display and or floor space in order to increase customer awareness and pull-through.
- Completes workload inclusive of all administrative duties in a timely manner without jeopardizing customer service or quality of work performed.
- Complies with all state, local and federal laws.
We at Graybeal Distributing support a drug-free workplace. All applicants offered a position with our company are required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and DMV background check before they are hired.