Drivers are responsible for the safe and efficient delivery of Graybeal Distributing products to both on and off premise accounts. Work with sales and merchandising personnel to provide superior customer service and retail execution.
NATURE AND SCOPE
The Route Driver reports directly to the Sales Representative. This position is responsible for maximizing customer service by providing prompt, efficient and accurate delivery service. The Route Driver must also assure quality standards are maintained by rotating product during every delivery and executing marketing standards, such as displays. It is critical this individual works in a safe and courteous manner at all times and follows all local, state and federal laws regarding the sale and delivery of alcoholic beverages.
Performance is measured by achievement of daily work schedule, rotation of products, retail standards, quality of work performed, safety record and overall satisfaction of both internal (sales representatives) and external customers (retailers).
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
This position requires a Class-A commercial drivers license and a safe driving record. Candidate must be a high school graduate and posses strong mathematical skills. Must have good organizational and prioritization skills. Good oral communication skills required, as well as, the ability develop customer relations and rapport. Must be physically capable of frequent lifting, bending, and turning. Flexible work schedule required including early morning and occasional weekend work.
- Completes scheduled route in a timely manner without jeopardizing rotation, customer service or quality of work.
- Rotates all products, stocks shelves as needed, leaves backroom and back-stock neat and organized, prices product as required and builds displays.
- Responsible for building product displays and marketing at retail that meets or exceeds Graybeal Distributing Company merchandising retail standards.
- Responsible for the safe and courteous operation of company vehicles.
- Maintains a professional attitude and appearance. Wears the company uniform, keeps cleanly shaved and well groomed.
- Works to ensure effective internal execution by communicating regularly with co-workers (sales representatives and merchandisers).
- Responsible for accurate accounting of all delivery transactions made. Maintains paperwork in orderly fashion and balances load daily with zero product variances.
- Complies with all state, local and federal laws.
- Delivers product to accounts in his territory as per pre-written sales.
- Assists the salesman by delivering superior customer service and respecting the retailer’s place of business.
- Knows his products, pricing, percentages, etc.
- Ensures correct retail pricing of all Graybeal Distributing products.
- Adheres to all customer delivery and empty pick-up procedures.
- Collects payment at designated accounts.
- Unloads vehicle upon return to the warehouse and checks in with Warehouse Manager.
- Responsible for checking in all equipment, product, monies and invoices that have been checked out or collected.
- Responsible for placement of newly received POS to expedite in-trade impact.
We at Graybeal Distributing support a drug-free workplace. All applicants offered a position with our company are required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and DMV background check before they are hired.