Responsible for supervising, training and coordinating assigned personnel to obtain maximum sales and share growth in all licensed accounts within respective territory.
NATURE AND SCOPE
The La Grande Manager reports to the Sales Manager. Reporting directly to the Branch Manager position are Sales Representatives, Relief Sales Personnel, Drivers and Merchandisers. The Branch Manager is responsible for supervising the sales, delivery, and merchandising activities within the assigned area of retail accounts.
The position must provide the supervision and coordination of assigned personnel on a daily basis concerning sales, promotion, retail execution, delivery, and product quality.
The Branch Manager achieves accountabilities in part through the supervision of employees.
The Branch Manager has the authority to direct the daily activities of the assigned personnel and execute actions regarding discipline, hiring and terminations. Performance is measured on goal achievement in assigned sales area.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
This position requires a Business Degree or equivalent of five years experience in the beverage industry (preferably the Beer/Wine industry) or Grocery Retail a plus. Must have management experience and experience with Office Suite.
Must be capable of supervising and training and possess excellent customer service and communication skills. Must be highly motivated to create enthusiasm and teamwork. Strong organizational, time management and decision-making skills a must. Must have be physically capable of frequent heavy lifting, bending and turning.
- Maximize sales of all products by implementing established sales and marketing strategies in effort to achieve or exceed company and supplier objectives.
- Responsible for effective sales and merchandising efforts for assigned area through supervising, training, and evaluation of personnel. Measurement of success will be determined through the accomplishment of:Distribution achievements that meet or exceed Graybeal Distributing Company and supplier CORE brand and package objectives. Maximizing retail execution as measured by account standards (War and RAMP).Check chain accounts following an AD to ensure displays are up and have proper POS.Gaining price realization and meeting pricing standards (competitive PTC, and use of label, shelf, display and window pricing where appropriate).Ensure key account buying calls are made in a timely manner.
SPACE MANAGEMENT: Maximizing exposure of Graybeal Distributing Company products in all assigned accounts.
- Chain Stores: Execution and maintenance of chain account “headquarter” sets as well as working with store level personnel to “localize” the set in effort to meet individual account needs.
- Independent retailers: Utilization of Space Planning Software to gain product goals.
- Utilization of Coors Methodology to gain distribution and profits for customers.
- Develop Retail Schematics and submit to MGMT in a timely manner.
- Maximize the effectiveness of assigned personnel through active supervision and training. This will be accomplished by maintaining one work-with per month per assigned personnel. Work-withs must be pre-planned with specific goals and objectives identified. In addition, a work-with must include the demonstration of selling techniques, display building, merchandising, identifying objectives and measuring progress against goals.
- Participate in Sales Training and MGMT meetings.
- Ensure effective internal communication by communicating regularly with employees and Sales Manager. This is done in effort to build an organization that understands cross-departmental challenges and one that works together to create solutions that help achieve company goals and objectives.
- Complete administrative duties in a timely fashion to include but not limited to:
- Monthly report summarizing sales, competitive activity and organizational results to the Sales Manager by the 10th of each month.
- MBO (monthly bonus objectives) completed, audited and recapped.
- Maintain all other administrative duties and documentation to include; status change form, absences, vacations and vacation scheduling, first injury report, and performance documentation.
- Consistent route book audits to ensure proper inventory levels, which includes build-ups and orders for all packages in distribution.
- Carry out special projects as assigned.
- Assure quality control standards are met by ensuring proper rotation from delivery to point of purchase. Manage on an as needed basis the rotation and exchange of product at retail. Provide training to assigned personnel on proper product rotation and ordering.
- Complies with all state, local and federal laws pertaining to the sale and distribution of alcoholic beverage products. Executes all responsibilities of this position according to Graybeal Distributing Company’s Policies and Procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
We at Graybeal Distributing support a drug-free workplace. All applicants offered a position with our company are required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and DMV background check before they are hired.